As an NYU student, health-related services on campus are available to you while you are in the Precollege program.

Do I have to send in any health forms?
If you will be taking 6 or more credits (residential and international students!), you must submit immunization records to the NYU Student Health Center. You can find more information in the Precollege Handbook.

karen-mean-girls-cough-im-sickWhat kind of health services are available to me?
The Student Health Center (SHC) provides students with urgent medical, psychological, and support services, as well as crisis response measures.  The SHC staff is available to meet the urgent health needs of all Precollege students.  If you have any questions about health support for Precollege, please contact the SHC at 212-443-1000. Please note: the SHC is available to all students, but its services may not be covered by a student’s private insurance policy.

Do I need insurance?
Yes, of some kind. International students are automatically enrolled in NYU Student Health Insurance, and are covered at the SHC, as a requirement of their visa. American Precollege students must have their own health insurance that meets the minimum threshold of coverage in New York City. American Precollege students are encouraged to check with their current insurance provider to determine if the SHC is in their approved network.

What if I just need to talk to someone?
The Wellness Exchange is available to all students and connects you to services at NYU that support your overall health and mental health needs.  The Exchange is available 24/7 by calling 212-443-9999, and it puts you in touch with professionals who can help you address day-to-day challenges and questions, as well as any crises you may encounter including depression, sexual assault, anxiety, and drug and alcohol abuse.

Courses can be stressful, New York City can be overwhelming, and there are so many health services and resources available on campus, it can sometimes be hard to keep track of them all!  Whenever you have questions or need to speak with someone, do not hesitate to contact the SHC or the Wellness Exchange; they are there to help.